March Chapter Meeting - Passing of the gavel
Recovery, Renewal and Reinvention:
Navigating the Next Decade
DATE: Thursday, March 27, 2014
TIME: 3:00-6:00 p.m
LOCATION: Washington Athletic Club, 1325 6th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
COST: $35 for Members, $45 for Guests, $20 for webinar
RSVP: Please Register by clicking here by March 21
Driven by the dramatic shift in the manner in which legal professionals practice, value their effort, and deliver their services, there is a new model of creating opportunity that will propel the profession forward. It is a culture supported by collaborative tools, a flatter global landscape, and an increasingly rapid pace of expert analysis. This program guides participants through the catalysts for the change and offers techniques for meeting higher expectations that are requiring them to reinvent their profiles in the recovery.
The New York Law Journal called Ari Kaplan’s first book, The Opportunity Maker: Strategies for Inspiring Your Legal Career Through Creative Networking and Business Development, a “must-have treasure box of marketing ideas,” and CEOs have described his new book, Reinventing Professional Services: Building Your Business in the Digital Marketplace, as “an essential guide” that “expertly showcases the multitude of opportunities the digital age has brought to the professional services market.” After nearly nine years practicing with large law firms in Manhattan, Kaplan has become a leading copywriter and industry analyst in the legal community. He has been the keynote speaker for events in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and throughout the U.S., and has shared ideas with students and professionals worldwide.
All registrants of this event must be members of the Puget Sound Association of Legal Administrators or a guest of a current member. Business Partners are invited by special invitation. This presentation is recommended for anyone in a senior leadership position; members are encouraged to invite those on their management teams.
2014 PSALA Compensation and Benefits Survey
Don’t Miss Out!
The more firms participate, the more valuable the results.
Later this week, as a member of the PSALA Chapter you will receive an email from Gallagher Benefit Services inviting you to participate in this year’s survey.
New This Year!!
- Condensed benefit section will save you time completing the survey.
- Results available only in “printer friendly” pdf and excel formats.
Other highlights and details
- Most of the compensation section will stay the same, with a few changes to job descriptions to stay current and attract more small firm participation.
- The benefits section will be condensed in 2014, alternating every other year with a more comprehensive benefits survey one year and a condensed version the next year. This should make it easier and quicker to complete for 2014.
- The entire process including completing, ordering, purchasing and distribution will be done through Gallagher Services via their secure on-line survey portal.
- Pricing will be equivalent to the historical CD pricing with the same significant discounts for participants, as well PSALA membership discounts.
This is a very valuable tool that helps drive compensation and benefits decisions for so many of our firms. If you’re looking for relevant, timely, local data to help your firm remain competitive, this survey is for you. It’s specific to our market, free to participate, and you choose whether or not to purchase the results.
Look for an email from Gallagher The Compensation & Benefits Survey Committee thanks you for your participation!
Community Service Partner Update
Regional Conference Video
Below is a video of the Region 5 Conference in Anchorage Alaska. There's also a great upcoming Annual Conference in Toronto coming our way in May.
You're Invited - Thursday, April 3
Palace Ballroom 5-7pm
Members click here to register.
Business Partners click here to register.
Additional details will follow as we get closer. For now, please add to your calendar
There will be plenty to do and tons of fun to be had!