Position: Human Resources Manager (part-time)
Job Summary: Lee Smart is looking for a professional Human Resources Manager to serve in a part-time capacity (3-5 days, 20+ hours) overseeing most HR functions including recruitment, retention, and supervision of support staff.
- Conducts performance reviews, staff meetings, and interviews for staff openings.
- Advises management on organizational policies.
- Anticipates and maintains compliance with applicable HR regulations.
- Minimum of 5 years manager-level experience in a professional services environment.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business administration, or equivalent; PHR or SPHR certification.
- Thorough knowledge of current and pending employment laws and FMLA administration.
- Able to handle complex situations with diplomacy.
- Exceptional ability to forge strong, trusting collaborative relationships.
- Familiarty with Ceridian and ProLaw a plus.
Contact Todd Arkley
701 Pike St., Suite 1800, Seattle, WA 98101
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is one of the 100 largest law firms in the United States. Dorsey lawyers and staff serve clients in more than 60 areas of legal practice from 19 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
Position: Business Development Manager
Job Summary: Dorsey & Whitney LLP is seeking to fill a new position of Business Development Manager. The role will consist primarily of writing and assembling RFP and RFI responses, pitches and other business development submissions for practice groups and lawyers Firm-wide. In addition to this primary Firm-wide role, the Business Development Manager will also assist practice groups and Firm lawyers in market analyses and developing and implementing marketing and business development strategies, focusing primarily on the Firm's Seattle, Vancouver, and Anchorage offices.
- Prepare market analyses and business development strategies.
- Work with practice groups and lawyers Firm-wide in preparation for, and execution of, client presentations supporting RFPs, RFIs, pitches and other business development proposals and submissions.
- Prepare rankings submissions and nominations.
- Maintain marketing databases and materials.
- Prepare and monitor office budgets.
- At least seven years of experience working in a similar position at law firms or other professional services firm.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field.
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent communication and consensus-building skills, as well as an understanding of the wide-ranging areas of law practiced by a full-service, international law firm.
- Knowledge of the business and legal communities in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.
- CRM experience preferred.
Salary: Depends on experience.
To Apply: To be eligible for this position please go to the ‘Careers’ section of the Dorsey & Whitney website at www.Dorsey.com and complete an online application for Business Development Manager – Seattle Office – Job #2459.
Position: Legal Adminstrator
Job Summary: The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is seeking an experienced Legal Administrator to oversee its administrative and law office operations in its Seattle and Portland staff counsel offices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Support staff training and workflow oversight
- Provide support to Managing Counsel and staff counsel initiatives
- Designated office liaison between Managing Counsel and support staff
- Create and maintain positive relationships with business partners
Experience: 6+ years' experience in senior-level legal support roles (i.e., legal secretary, paralegal). Office supervisory experience highly desired.
Education: Min. AA and/or equivalent work experience, including successful demoonstrated leadership.
To Apply: All interested candidates should visit the Careers section of our website at www.travelers.com and reference Job ID 807792.
Please contact Catherine Maram, Regional Administrator, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
Phone: (312) 458-6573
Position: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: Responsible for providing strategic leadership for the firm by working with the Board of Directors and the Executive Management Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the firm are put into practice.
- Responsible for driving the firm to achieve and surpass profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes both in assessment of viability of existing and new practice areas as well as in mergers and acquisitions and acquiring of new legal talent.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the management team not currently in place; provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
Experience: MBA and/or equivalent experience in law firm administration operations.
Please contact Tara Ghannam Binge,
Position: Legal Project Coordinator
Job Summary: Perkins Coie LLP is currently seeking an experienced Practice Group Administrator to join our Product Liability group!
Essential Job Duties: This position will provide case management services to Product Liability clients including complex tracking and monitoring case statuses and working with attorneys to keep clients informed.
Experience: This position requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2-3 years of legal or case management experience.
To apply please visit our website at www.perkinscoie.com/careers.
Position: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Garvey Schubert Barer is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to lead all operations for a growing law firm with approximately 115 lawyers in 5 offices across the country, and one office in Asia. The Firm is known for its strong culture of excellence, integrity, innovation, and community service.
The successful COO must be a proven leader with strategic vision and strong communication skills. Candidates should have a track record of successfully leading the operations of a professional services firm.
Specific requirements include at least five (5) years of experience in senior management (COO, CEO, Executive Director, or equivalent position) of a professional services firm.
HKM Employment Attorneys PLLC is a growing law firm with offices in Seattle and Portland (and one soon to open in Denver, Colorado). We advise and represent employers and employees in legal disputes concerning wages, termination of employment, discrimination, harassment, and in all facets of labor and employment law.
Position: Office and Finance Manager
Job Summary: We have an immediate opening for an Office and Finance Manager. This position is responsible for implementation of firm policies and procedures, coordination and supervision of personnel, and administration of firm operations. The duties also include management of firm finances, including bookkeeping in Quickbooks, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
Education and Experience:
- significant experience and competency in bookkeeping and Quickbooks
- a business degree or equivalent
- a high school diploma with a number of years administrative and supervisory experience
- knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- knowledge of business and management principles
- computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
Position: Law Firm Administrator
Job Summary: Large, multi-jurisdictional law firm seeks to hire a Law Firm Administrator who will be responsible for Coordination between the Corporate office and eight remote offices.
Essential Job Duties:
- Managing vendors, auditors, and administrative assistants.
- Coordinating resources of the firm for improved results.
- Playing an active role in undertaking publicity campaigns and marketing services offered by the firm.
- Evaluating staff performance.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in law office administration.
Education: BA Required/MBA preferred.
To Apply: Apply online.
For more information, contact
3555 SE 36th St. Bellevue, WA 98006
Position: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Executive Director is expected to manage and motivate a team of over 120 attorneys and support staff across California, and to coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the firm.
Essential Job Duties: Please visit www.klinedinstlaw.com/careers to view the complete position profile.
Experience: Successful candidates should have senior-level experience in law firm management.
Education: A bachelors degree (masters degree and/or law degree is a plus).
Qualifications: Among the skills and knowledge considered most critical to this position are strong communication skills, consensus building, financial management, forward thinking, strong interpersonal skills, strategic planning and up-to-date knowledge of technology.