Position: Chief Operating Officer
Job Summary: Responsible for overall direction, leadership and management of the firm's administrative services.
Essential Job Duties: With the President/CEO, Executive Committee, other committees and outside consultants: develops and implements policies and procedures and overall management of the Firm’s administrative services.
- Law firm management experience preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience managing the business and administrative operations of a company with revenue over $25 million
- Bachelor's Degree & MBA, or masters in applicable field
- Ability to work well in a high paced, collaborative, team-oriented organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented and well organized
To Apply: Contact Rebecca Misich
Address: 1001 Fourth Avenue, Suite 4500, Seattle, WA 98154
Job Summary: The Controller reports directly to the Firm's Administrative Partner and plays a key role in the Firm's overall financial management, reporting, analysis and other accounting activities.
Essential Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain general ledger
- Produce monthly financial statements & analysis
- Supply necessary information to complete tax returns
- Prepare monthly quarterly & yearly reports
- Assist w/prep of annual budget
- Bi-monthly payroll
- Supervise accounting staff
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a lead accounting/financial role in a professional services business
- Extensive experience and understanding of professional time and billing and accounting software systems (Aderant Omega a plus)
To Apply: Contact Carol Hill
Address: 601 Union Street Suite 2600
Position: Cozen O'Connor is seeking a Regional Office Manager to support our Seattle office.
Job Summary: The Regional Office Manager is responsible for the daily management of the administrative functions required to support the attorney’s and staff.
- Administrative hiring, performance management, staff supervision and employee relations in cooperation with the firm’s human resources department
- The Regional Office Manager will work closely with MIS and Finance personnel assigned to the office for technology support and client billing
- Vendor relations, facilities and marketing events
- Minimum of seven years of supervisory experience in a legal or other professional services environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated skills in human resources, facilities management, budgeting and cost control
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, customer service and project management skills
To Apply: Please send a resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to Colin Burdick at email@example.com.
Cozen O’Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Position: Lateral Partner Recruiting Analyst - Human Resources - Job #S20160318 – Seattle, Washington
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Lateral Recruiting Officer, this position will be responsible for conducting market research, identifying desirable candidates, and often making the initial contact with potential candidates.
Essential Job Duties: Specific duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Meet with practice group leaders to understand lateral needs and work with them on specific hiring projects
- Conduct market research to identify best candidates
- Contact potential partner (and, occasionally, associate) candidates on behalf of the firm
- Assist with strategic firm growth initiatives
- Maintain and revise lateral partner offer letter templates, as requested
- Create informative brochures for various practice groups and offices to be used in recruiting efforts
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Prior work at a large law firm is required
- Sales or cold-calling experience is highly preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A law Degree (J.D.) is preferred
Qualifications: This position requires
- Strong verbal communications skills, including the ability to "cold call" candidates
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent research skills
- The ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of the legal profession and large law firms
- Ability to work with Excel and Outlook is expected
To Apply: Please apply online.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
Marten Law (www.martenlaw.com)
Position: Finance Director
Job Summary: The Finance Director will report directly to the Firm's Chairman and play a key role in the Firm's overall financial management and financial-related activities. The position is based in Seattle, but will support all offices within the firm.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop/implement financial management tools and protect firm assets
- Oversee payroll reporting and related tax compliance matters
- Manage 401k program and large accounts receivables
- Supervise accounting department
- Provide leadership on financial matters
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, including at least 5 years in a lead financial/executive role in a growth oriented professional services business
- Strong preference for law firm leadership background
- Budgeting and forecasting models experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or CPA highly desirable
- Extensive experience and understanding of time and billing software systems required
- Strong preference for significant experience with Rippe & Kingston LMS or other Microsoft SQL based law firm management software such as ProLaw or Juris
To Apply: Contact Hiring at Marten Law (for more info, see: www.martenlaw.com\careers\finance director - Seattle, Washington)
Address: 1191 2nd Avenue, Ste. 2200, Seattle, WA 98101