Position: Chief Operating Officer - Firmwide role, located in Seattle
Job Summary: Marten Law is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to manage the Firm’s operations, technology, and human resources across its five offices in four states. This position reports directly to the equity partners, and works closely with the Firm’s management.
Essential Job Duties: Responsible for the back office operation of Marten Law (with the exception of finance and marketing) including:
- Establishing and implementing policies
- Vendor and budget management
- Oversight of non-attorney staff
- Hiring and related personnel matters
- Minimum 15 years managing complex professional services businesses, preferably across multiple offices
- Minimum 5 years experience in human resources
- Experienced vendor and contract management expertise
- Significant IT management experience
- Advanced degree in business administration or public administration preferred
- Strong team building and people management skills
- Strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving
Salary: Market competitive; based upon experience
To Apply: To apply, qualified candidates may view the full job description and complete application process at: http://www.martenlaw.com/careers.
Position: Director of Finance
- Responsible for firm-wide finance and accounting matters.
- Oversees finance and accounting staff and coordinates all functions of the department.
- Provides business and operational advice to Exec. Director and Chair of EC
Essential Job Duties: Please contact Bethany Brown, Manager, Attorney Recruitment & Professional Development, for a list of essential job duties
- Ten+ years of progressive leadership experience in accounting or related positions; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a legal or professional services organization is preferred
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business with a focus on accounting or finance or other directly relevant major
- An MBA with finance or accounting concentration is preferred
- Directly knowledgeable about a wide range of finance and accounting functional areas
- Has track record of producing high quality results implementing systems and programs and managing people
- Must possess excellent written and verbal comm. skills
Salary: Based on experience